When Swadhisthana Chakra, the chakra that determines your appetite for food, sex and sensual pleasures gets blocked it may lead to PCOD, PCOS and all utero-ovarian and uro-genital issues. When this chakra is unbalanced you may even experience fear, depression, insecurity, emotional instability, and reproductive issues.
How yoga helps in balancing Swadhisthana Chakra?
BaddhaKonasana, ParivrittaTrikonasana, Kati Chakrasana are the 3 main yoga asanas that can help you in balancing Swadisthana Chakra. Indulging in your favourite hobbies and recreational activities will help you in balancing Swadhisthana Chakra. Yoga helps in releasing stress, one of the factor that catalyses hormonal disorders in women.
Although there are various dietary suggestions, here are a few tips that you may like to kick start your mindful eating with. Healthy diet plans for controlling PCOS:
Try to Include:
- Leafy green vegetable, legumes and pulses, broccoli,
- Fiber Rich Carbs like Oats, Bran Flakes, Wheat based, Multi grain Breads
- Fruits low in fructose are the best, like citrus fruits (clementine, lime, lemon) all kinds of berries
- Include Mono-Unsaturated Fatty Acids (Olive Oil, Sesame Oil)
- All WHITES- White pasta, white rice, white sugars and processed cheese
- Avoid all kinds of Trans fat, Poly-Unsaturated Fatty Acids (Hydrogenated Veg Oils, Sunflower Oils, Margarine), cream
- Hormone Injected Vegetables and meat products, processed meat (sausages, hot dogs), canned and frozen foods.
- Avoid fruits that are high in sugar carbs that are high in Glycemic Index (GI), like Potatoes etc.
Let’s Talk about PCOS
We are here for you…
Ms. Lalitha Viswanath, a qualified Yoga Professional, an Osteopath and the founder of Pratimoksha Yoga center will be available for interactive sessions from 12.00 pm to 12.30 pm on every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday to hearing from you..
How to Join?
Follow a healthy lifestyle and leave all your worries on PCOS…